Sunday, April 13, 2014

A Morning Prayer for Holy Week

O God,
early in the morning I cry to you.
Help me to pray,
and to concentrate my thoughts on you,
I cannot do this alone.

In me there is darkness,
but with you there is light;
I am lonely, but you do not leave me;
I am feeble in heart, but with you there is help;
I am restless, but with you there is peace.
In me there is bitterness, but with you there is patience.
I do not understand your ways, 
but you know the way for me.

Restore me to liberty,
and enable me so to live now
that I may answer before you and before me.
Lord, whatever this day may bring,
Your name be praised. 
Amen.

 (By Dietrich Bonhoeffer - found at p. 1002 of Volume III of "For All the Saints: A Prayer Book For and By the Church").
 

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you a blessed Holy Week and joyful Easter.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7DiR--b9DQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Laura - and thanks for the link to that beautiful video as well.. I hope you have a blessed Holy Week.

    ReplyDelete